Peter J Casterella M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease324 Tenth Ave 206 Salt Lake City UT, 84103
Dr. Peter Casterella is a cardiologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Casterella specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Casterella also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute M.i., Angioplasty, Aortic Aneurysm And More
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Cardiovascular Diseases; Naval Hospital, Internal Medicine
- Naval Medical Center Oakland California
- Naval Medical Center Oakland, Oakland, CA, Internal Medicine 1989
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA, Cardiovasc Diseases 1991
Peter J Casterella M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84103Get Direction
Seattle, WA 98122Get Direction
Peter J Casterella M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Casterella
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- A New Form of Spaghetti Has Been Designed to Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Scientists have developed ‘super spaghetti’, a variant of the normal form made from barley flour and this new form of noodles is supposed to reduce the risk of heart disease. Super spaghetti was developed by the scientists in Italy and Spain and the report is published in, Journal of...
- Nandita Chaturvedi Gupta M.D.324 Tenth Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Brian G Crandall M.D.324 Tenth Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- J. Peter Weiss M.D.324 Tenth Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Marcos Daccarett MD324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- G Michael Vincent MD324 10TH AVE STE 130 SALT LAKE CITY UT 84103
- Jeffrey S Osborn M.D.324 Tenth Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103