Dr. Maha A Assi MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1100 N Saint Francis St Suite 130 Wichita KS, 67214
Dr. Maha Assi is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Wichita, KS. Dr. Assi specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Govt. Dental College, Bangalore University, India 1999
- Improved pituitary function after V-P shunt insertion in pseudotumor cerebri.
- Intraoperative hypotension and prolonged operative time as risk factors for slow graft function in kidney transplant recipients.
- Donor-transmitted toxoplasmosis in liver transplant recipients: a case report and literature review.
- Effect of different concentrations of soybean lecithin and virgin coconut oil in Tris-based extender on the quality of chilled and frozen-thawed bull semen.
- Human herpesvirus-6 encephalitis following chemotherapy induction for acute myelogenous leukemia.
Dr. Maha A Assi MD's Practice location
Wichita, KS 67214Get Direction
Dr. Maha A Assi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Assi
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- All About Early Disseminated Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease and what causes it?Lyme disease is a bacterial infection commonly seen in North America and Europe. It is caused by a bacterium known as Borrelia burgdorferi. The bacteria is transmitted to humans through a tiny black-legged deer tick, which feeds on human blood....
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Is Cholera Curable?
Cholera is a dangerous infection that - upon development in the body of a human being - causes severe symptoms that can be fatal if not treated early and correctly. This infection is mostly characterized by watery diarrhea, which is the most common symptom of the infection. Watery diarrhea is a...
- Infectious Disease Experts Tell Us What to Expect From the Coronavirus
The deadly coronavirus that began as a handful of infections in China and exponentially multiplied around the globe has become one of the largest news stories of the decade.With almost 100,000 cases of COVID-19 confirmed and over 3,000 deaths, the world is struggling on how to contain the virus and...
- Dr. Valerie A Creswell MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Zartash Zafar Khan MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Keck R Hartman MD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Jerry D Peterie MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Margaret E Hagan MD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Thomas A. Moore MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214