Dr. Nicholas Shorter practices Pediatric Surgery in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Shorter treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Shorterdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1979
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Children'S Hosp-Philadelphia, General Surgery; Johns Hopkins Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Nicholas Shorter MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11203Get Direction
MORGANTOWN, WV 26506Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas Shorter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. Edmund Kessler M.D.1000 Northern Blvd. Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Mary Christina Whyte MD111 E 210th St Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Mindy Beth Statter M.D.111 East 210th Street Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Jason C Fisher M.D.530 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Keith Alan Kuenzler M.D.530 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Nitsana A Spigland MD525 E 68th St New York NY 10021