Dr. Karl Rathjen is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Rathjen specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Rathjen tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Open iliac wing fracture caused by penetrating injury from a bicycle handlebar.
- Neuropathic lower extremity pain following Dunn-McCarthy instrumentation.
- Prone thoracoscopic release does not adversely affect pulmonary function when added to a posterior spinal fusion for severe spine deformity.
- Treatment of adolescent tibia vara with hemiepiphysiodesis: risk factors for failure.
- Guided growth for the correction of pediatric lower limb angular deformity.
- Asymmetrical arthrogryposis of the upper extremity associated with congenital spine anomalies.
- Pediatric cervical kyphosis: a comparison of arthrodesis techniques.
- The Management of Soft Tissue and Bone Loss in Type IIIB and IIIC Pediatric Open Tibia Fractures.
Dr. Karl Eric Rathjen MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Karl Eric Rathjen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rathjen
- Raney f.
parent of patient.
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- Dr. Huntly G. Chapman16970 Dallas Pkwy. Dallas TX 75248
- Dr. Craig W. Goodhart M.D.4780 N JOSEY LN CARROLLTON TX 75010
- Dr. Steven B. Sanders M.D.1440 Eagle Bend Drive Southlake Texas 76092
- Dr. Jay Shah M.D.811 W Interstate 20 Arlington TX 76017
- Dr. Kendall E. Carll II M.D.8080 Independence Pkwy Plano TX 75025
- Dr. Douglas Won M.D.4301 North MacArthur Boulevard Irving Texas 75038