Roger A. Freedman MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84113
Dr. Roger Freedman is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Freedman performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The Low Energy Safety Study (LESS): rationale, design, patient characteristics, and device utilization.
- Ventricular pacing or dual-chamber pacing for sinus-node dysfunction.
- Ventricular tachycardia in structurally normal hearts.
- Large septic pulmonary embolism complicating extraction of an infected transvenous defibrillator lead.
- Klebsiella pneumoniae: a rare cause of device-associated endocarditis.
- Lead perforation: incidence in registries.
- Heart Transplantation on a Desert Island? Self-Sacrifice and Slippery Slopes.
Roger A. Freedman MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Roger A. Freedman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freedman
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...