Dr. Yun Yan is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Yan specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Henan Medical University Medical
Henan Medical University 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2008
- Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Birth Defects
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- East Carolina University Affiliated Hospitals 2008
- Zhengzhou Central Hospital, Pediatrics, Henan, China 1989
- The First Hospital of Kaifeng, Pediatrics, Henan, China 1985
- Pediatrics, Zhengzhou Central Hospital, Zhengzhou, China 1988
- Pediatric Endocrinology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 2011
- School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Pediatric Endocrinology, NC, USA 2011
Dr. Yun Yan M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Greenville, NC 27834Get Direction
Dr. Yun Yan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- What is Apert Syndrome?
Apert syndrome, named after the French physician who described the condition for the first time, is a genetic disorder characterized by several birth defects. Children with this syndrome will have an abnormally developed face and skull. This syndrome is rare and in most cases, it develops even when...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Dr. Sripriya Raman M.D2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Joseph Theodore Cernich M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Tiffany Sue Musick DO2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Julia Rodica Broussard M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Matthew Maximilian Feldt D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Naziya Tahseen MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108