Dr. Joseph Alder Troncale M.D.
Addiction Medicine Specialist | Addiction Medicine1170 South State Street EPHRATA PA, 17522
Dr. Joseph Troncale is an Addiction Medicine Physician in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Board Certified in Family Medicine since 1983, Dr. Troncale also became a Distinguished Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. He is currently the Corporate Medical Director of Retreat Premier Addiction Treatment Centers.
Education and Training
Univ of South Al Coll of Med, Mobile Al 1979
American Board of Addiction Medicine
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Nineteenth century neurology/psychiatry.
- A critical analysis of RBRVS.
- Herpetic whitlow: a case report.
- Genogram and family dynamics.
- Diagnosis and management of urolithiasis.
- Spontaneous hypertensive-arteriosclerotic intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Uses of family information.
- The morning mail.
- Clinical problem solving using a family systems approach.
- Somatization and alexithymia.
- Primer on family systems theory.
- Teaching a core curriculum in rural family practice preceptorships using microcomputers.
- Acute supraglottitis in an adult. A case report.
- The genogram as an aid to diagnosis of distal renal tubular acidosis.
- Endocrine effects of alcoholism.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Outstanding Clinician Award 2010 Addiction Professional Magazine
- Faculty of the Year 1996 Lancaster General Hospital
Dr. Joseph Alder Troncale M.D.'s Practice location
EPHRATA, PA 17522Get Direction
YORK, PA 17403Get Direction
Wernersville, PA 19565Get Direction
Lancaster, PA 17601Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Alder Troncale M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Troncale
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- How Addictive Is Flakka?
What are the ingredients in flakka/bath salts?Flakka is the latest synthesized drug which is very comparable to bath salts as both of them have a reputation to develop erratic and violent behaviors from people who ingest them. Flakka can be smoked, snorted, swallowed or injected. It could also be...
- Flakka: A Gravel Guised Fatal Drug
Flakka, an addictive drug that looks similarly to gravel is considered to be closely related with the synthetic cathinone. The drug is known to cause long-lasting damage to the brain cells and can alter the brain's chemistry in such a way that users can lose touch with reality. Having manufactured...
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...