Mahmoud Khadir Atieh MD
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology110 Fields Dr Suite A Sanford NC, 27330
Dr. Mahmoud Atieh is a cardiologist practicing in Sanford, NC. Dr. Atieh specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Atieh also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Interventional Cardiology- 2004
- 1985 Scientific Superiority Degree, Al Hussein Scientific College, Jordan
- 2002 Chief fellow in cardiology, East Carolina Univ.
- 1995 Cardiology Resident of the Year, East Carolina Univ.
- 2001 Special recognition award for teaching, East Carolina Univ.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Member Jordan medical society
- Member American college of cardiology
- East Carolina University Affiliated Hospitals 1995
- Gundersen Lutheran
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Program
- East carolina university, Interventional cardiology, NC, USA 2004
- East carolina university, Cardiovascular diseases, NC, USA 2002
Mahmoud Khadir Atieh MD's Practice location
Sanford, NC 27330Get Direction
Mahmoud Khadir Atieh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Atieh
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- What is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure means your heart is not able to work as well as it once did.Left-sided congestive failure is a critical condition in which the left side of the heart doesn’t pump blood efficiently. It is unable to meet the body’s metabolic needs,...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Ten Potential “Heartbreakers”
Although heredity and age can contribute to the demise of a healthy heart, there are still some precautions you can take to prevent heart disease. Some precautions include:1. SmokingSmoking has a profound effect on an individual's blood pressure, and it can also cause blood clots. A smoker may also...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Christopher O. Ike M.D.1135 Carthage St Sanford NC 27330
- Lukas Jantac M.D.110 Fields Dr Sanford NC 27330
- Connie Ng Hess MD1309 Carthage St Sanford NC 27330
- Michael Joseph Gillespie MD110 Fields Dr Sanford NC 27330
- Mohammad Z Hoque MD1135 Carthage St Sanford NC 27330
- Prabhat Kumar M.D.55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114