Steven J Bailin M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA, 50266
Dr. Steven Bailin is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Bailin performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1984
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevention of chronic atrial fibrillation by pacing in the region of Bachmann's bundle: results of a multicenter randomized trial.
- To map or not to map.
- Determinants of first-shock success for atrial implantable cardioverter
- Bachmann's bundle versus right atrial appendage capture.
- Clinical investigation of a new dual-chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillator with improved rhythm discrimination capabilities.
- Is Bachmann's Bundle the only right site for single-site pacing to prevent atrial fibrillation? Results of a multicenter randomized trial.
- Atrial lead implantation in the Bachmann bundle.
- Direct visualization of the slow pathway using voltage gradient mapping: a novel approach for successful ablation of atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Flutter
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical School Program
Steven J Bailin M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
Steven J Bailin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bailin
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.5880 UNIVERSITY AVE WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
- Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.1301 Penn Ave Des Moines IA 50316
- Robert H Hoyt M.D.5880 UNIVERSITY AVE WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
- Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Pamela Lynne Nerheim M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Pitayadet Jumrussirikul M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314