Steven J Bailin M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology411 Laurel St Suite A250 Des Moines IA, 50314
Dr. Steven Bailin is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Bailin performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1984
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevention of chronic atrial fibrillation by pacing in the region of Bachmann's bundle: results of a multicenter randomized trial.
- To map or not to map.
- Determinants of first-shock success for atrial implantable cardioverter
- Bachmann's bundle versus right atrial appendage capture.
- Clinical investigation of a new dual-chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillator with improved rhythm discrimination capabilities.
- Is Bachmann's Bundle the only right site for single-site pacing to prevent atrial fibrillation? Results of a multicenter randomized trial.
- Atrial lead implantation in the Bachmann bundle.
- Direct visualization of the slow pathway using voltage gradient mapping: a novel approach for successful ablation of atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Flutter
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical School Program
Steven J Bailin M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
Steven J Bailin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bailin
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...