Dr. Jyoti M Patel MD
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine3701 Loop Rd Tuscaloosa AL, 35404
Dr. Jyoti Patel practices Geriatric Medicine in Tuscaloosa, AL. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Patel works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Dr. Jyoti M Patel MD's Practice location
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404Get Direction
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Dr. Tyler Dale Stracener M.D.3701 LOOP RD TUSCALOOSA AL 35404
- Dr. Anne Doran Halli-tierney MD850 PETER BRYCE BLVD TUSCALOOSA AL 35401
- Dr. Avinash Nichani M.D (M.B.B.S)3701 Loop Rd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Sheni Meghani M.D.3701 LOOP RD TUSCALOOSA AL 35404
- Manivannan Neelamegam Other3701 Loop Rd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Martin Steven Schnier D.O.3701 Loop Rd Tuscaloosa AL 35404