Dr. Sandra Dickens is a hospitalist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Dickens specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Dickens manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Dickens works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Medical Degree 1991
American Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Sexual dysfunction before antidepressant therapy in major depression.
- Antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction during treatment with moclobemide, paroxetine, sertraline, and venlafaxine.
- Predictors of success and satisfaction in the practice of psychiatry: a preliminary follow-up study.
- Faking specific disorders: a study of the Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms (SIRS).
- Measuring depressive symptoms in the naturalistic primary-care setting.
- Decision making in psychiatric civil commitment: an experimental analysis.
- Personality and symptom profiles of the angry hostile depressed patient.
- Differential pharmacological treatment response in high angry hostile and low angry hostile depressed patients: a retrospective analysis.
- Self-report ratings and informants' ratings of personalities of depressed outpatients.
- American College of Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center 1994
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center (Internal Medicine) (1994)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, Society of Hospital Medicine
Dr. Sandra E. Dickens, MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45220Get Direction
Cincinnati, OH 45220Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sandra E. Dickens, MD | Hospitalist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sandra E. Dickens, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Internist Dr. Sandra E. Dickens, who serves patients in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Dr. Dickens is a well-versed internist specializing in the medical treatment of adults. She is affiliated with Cincinnati VA Medical Center.
Cincinnati VA is an affiliated teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, medical education, and research. The Medical Center provides comprehensive health care through primary care, dentistry, specialty outpatient services, and tertiary care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and neurology. A Community Living Center (CLC) is located adjacent to the Cincinnati VA Medical Center that provides hospice, palliative care, short-term rehab and long-term care.
Back in 1991, Dr. Dickens graduated with her medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She then went on to perform her residency in internal medicine at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, completing her training in 1994.
With over three decades of experience, she is board-certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
Licensed to practice medicine in Ohio and Kentucky, Dr. Dickens is a member of the American College of Physicians and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists. They manage and prevent common and complex diseases by providing comprehensive care and promoting overall well-being.
- Crohn's Disease: Foods, Vitamins, Supplements, and Herbal Remedies
Crohn's Disease and VitaminsCrohn is an inflammatory bowel disease which mainly affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain in the abdomen, constant fever and reduction in weight. It does not allow the digestive system to absorb the required vitamins and nutrients from the food.Vitamins...
- Does Diabetes Cause Gastroparesis?
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease that can affect just about any organ. It damages small and large blood vessels, nerves, and changes the functioning of various organs, including those in the gastrointestinal tract.Diabetes adversely affects the functioning of the complete digestive tract,...
- Calorie Counts of Some Common Foods
When it comes to weight loss, the one question that is on most people's minds is how many calories are in the drink you just had or how many calories are there in a pound of eggplant?One of the reasons why this question is not just vital but important lies in the fact that your body processes the...
- Can Melatonin Help Fibromyalgia Patients?
Melatonin is mostly used as a sleeping pill, but several studies show that melatonin can help in preventing fibromyalgia pain. People with fibromyalgia can suffer from pain in various parts of the body. Common pain occurs in the shoulders, arms, neck, hips, back, and legs. Aside from pain and...
- Demisexual Definition and Facts
What is a demisexual?A demisexual does not experience any sexual attraction with someone unless he or she has formed a strong emotional connection with that person. Demisexuality is more often seen in serious romantic relationships. Being a demisexual does not mean that you have an incomplete...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Loreto Dacio M.D.8622 Winton Rd Cincinnati OH 45231
- Dr. Rhonda R Pfaff MD1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Dr. Ranjit Katneni M.D.6936 Southampton Ln West Chester OH 45069
- Dr. Rajaratnam Pathmarajah MD8050 Beckett Center Dr West Chester OH 45069
- Dr. Saba Azher Ansari MD619 Oak St Cincinnati OH 45206
- Dr. Adnan Ahmed M.D.1 MEDICAL VILLAGE DR EDGEWOOD KY 41017