Dr. Brian Harley is a hand surgeon practicing in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Harley specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Univ of Alberta, Fac of Med, Edmonton, Alb, Canada 1995
University Of Alberta Faculty Of Med and Dentistry Edmonton Ab Canada 1995
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- The effect of epsilon aminocaproic acid on blood loss in patients who undergo primary total hip replacement: a pilot study.
- The effect of time to definitive treatment on the rate of nonunion and infection in open fractures.
- Augmented external fixation versus percutaneous pinning and casting for unstable fractures of the distal radius--a prospective randomized trial.
- Medial buttress versus lateral locked plating in a cadaver medial tibial plateau fracture model.
- Structural properties of 6 forearm ligaments.
- Wrist tendon forces with respect to forearm rotation.
- 4-corner arthrodesis and proximal row carpectomy: a biomechanical comparison of wrist motion and tendon forces.
- Effect of pisiform excision or pisotriquetral arthrodesis as a treatment for pisotriquetral arthritis: a biomechanical study.
- Force variations in the distal radius and ulna: effect of ulnar variance and forearm motion.
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the forearm interosseous membrane.
- Force in the Scapholunate Interosseous Ligament During Active Wrist Motion.
- Role of the interosseous membrane and annular ligament in stabilizing the proximal radial head.
- Force in the Scapholunate Interosseous Ligament During 2 Simulated Pushup Positions.
- Role of the Interosseous Membrane in Preventing Distal Radioulnar Gapping.
- Biomechanical Analysis of Palmar Midcarpal Instability and Treatment by Partial Wrist Arthrodesis.
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Hand Surgery-Orthopedic Surgery
- U Alberta Hosps
Dr. Brian J Harley MD's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13202Get Direction
EAST SYRACUSE, NY 13027Get Direction
Dr. Brian J Harley MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harley
- Ten Potential “Heartbreakers”
Although heredity and age can contribute to the demise of a healthy heart, there are still some precautions you can take to prevent heart disease. Some precautions include:1. SmokingSmoking has a profound effect on an individual's blood pressure, and it can also cause blood clots. A smoker may also...
- How Quercetin Works: Health Benefits of Quercetin
Quercetin is a flavonoid antioxidant found in plant foods. It is found in leafy vegetables, tomatoes, broccoli, and berries. Quercetin is actually a plant pigment. In the human diet, quercetin is one of the most abundant antioxidants. It destroys free radicals, and thus, fights against aging and...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertensive Crisis?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic condition that may lead to other complications, including organ damage, gradually over a period of time. The blood pressure may become very high and severe all of a sudden resulting in a condition referred to as hypertensive crisis. Hypertensive...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Dr. Andrew K Palmer MD550 Harrison St Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. John F Fatti M.D.5719 Widewaters Pkwy Syracuse NY 13214
- Dr. Jon B Loftus MD6620 Fly Road East Syracuse NY 13057
- Dr. Joshua David Pletka M.D.6620 Fly Rd East Syracuse NY 13057
- Dr. Benjamin Berenfeld M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Bruce Berner Shafiroff M.D.475 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210