Dr. Anamika Jain is a physiatrist practicing in Bronx, NY. Dr. Jain is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Jain focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Jain can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1991
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Faulkner Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Anamika Jain MD's Practice location
Bronx, NY 10461Get Direction
Dr. Anamika Jain MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- What Is Osteoporosis: Get the Facts
Osteoporosis is a disorder that causes the bones to become brittle resulting in greater susceptibility to falls. It occurs when the bones lose essential minerals like calcium, more rapidly than the body’s ability to replace them, leading to a significant loss of the bone thicknessOsteoporosis Can...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Tips on Living with Lower Back Pain
There are a variety of causes as to why you are experiencing lower back pain. Back pain may result from underlying health conditions such as connective tissue diseases, which include different types of arthritis, fibromyalgia syndrome, or sciatica (nerve root pain). Lower back pain can also be...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.13915 34th Ave Flushing NY 11354
- Mr. Gregory Marcolin P.T3175 Emmons Ave Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD2440 M Street N.W. Washington DC 20037
- Alexandre Karatchounov2615 East 16th Street Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD140 Middle Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021
- David Reich8 Barstow Road Great Neck New York 11021