Dr. Flavia Goncalves practices Periodontics in MIAMI, FL. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Goncalves has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Goncalves provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
Dr. Flavia Goncalves DDS's Practice location
MIAMI, FL 33186Get Direction
Dr. Flavia Goncalves DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Abdominal Hernia?
When a piece of tissue or an organ protrudes from its normal position, the condition is called a hernia. An abdominal hernia occurs when a piece of bowel protrudes through a weak area of the abdominal walls. Muscle and tissue layers form the abdominal walls. Weak spots may arise from these layers,...
- The Potential For Early Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis with MRI Brain Scans
Multiple sclerosis can be difficult to diagnose, as many of the symptoms do not even appear until later in one's life. However, a recent study has shown that the risk level in children is able to be diagnosed early with MRI brain scans.DiagnosisSometimes MRI brain scans can show MS before any...
- Zinc Deficiency
What is zinc?Zinc is a mineral that plays an important role in many different chemical reactions in your body. The human body uses this mineral to fight off infections, maintain acid-base balance, promote growth and development, boost antioxidant activity, and regulate gene expression, among...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Dr. John Paul Gallardo DDS2020 SW 27th Avenue Miami FL 33145
- Dr. Beatriz Elena Terry D.D.S., M.S.8720 N. Kendall Dr. Miami FL 33176
- Dr. Irene Marron D.M.D.,M.S.848 Brickell Ave., Miami FL 33131
- Dr. Odile M. Carro D.M.D.1400 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Rodrigo Romano DDS, MS7701 Sw 62nd Ave Miami FL 33143
- Dr. Mark I Gutt DMD975 Arthur Godfrey Rd Miami Beach FL 33140