Dr. Maria Pena MD
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT) | Pediatric Otolaryngology111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC, 20010
Dr. Maria Pena practices Pediatric Otolaryngology in Washington, DC. Pediatric otolaryngologists are primarily concerned with medical and surgical treatment of ear, nose, and throat diseases in children. Services that Dr. Pena provides include the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, and throat disorders, and head and neck diseases; surgery of the head and neck, including before and after-surgery care; consultation with other doctors when ear, nose, or throat diseases are detected; and assistance in the identification of communication disorders in children.
Education and Training
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1990
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Ear Infection
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Ear Wax
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Otolaryngology; St Joseph Mercy-Oakland, General Surgery; Suny Buffalo Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- St Joseph Mercy-Oakland Program
Dr. Maria Pena MD's Practice location
Dr. Maria Pena MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pena
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Sinusitis is another word for an infection of the sinuses, which are four in number and are positioned at the back of the skull. These air spaces help to carry the skull’s weight. When the sinuses are congested, then infection can occur. There are a few reasons that may cause inflammation of the...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- Nosebleeds in Kids
Most nosebleeds in kids often happen near the front of the nose, and usually from just one nostril. Children may also get occasional or frequent nosebleeds. In rare cases, nosebleeds in kids begin at the back of the nose, which often happens in older adults with facial or nasal injuries and...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Everything You Need to Know About Tonsillectomy
What is a tonsillectomy?A tonsillectomy is a type of surgical procedure that is purposely aimed at removing the tonsils, which are the two tiny glands found at the back part of a person’s throat. Although tonsils contain white blood cells to assist in fighting infections, they can also get...
- Dr. Estelle Sukyung Yoo M.D.8116 Good Luck Rd Lanham MD 20706
- Dr. Tamekia Wakefield MD8901 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda MD 20889
- Jonathan Lively PA111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Brian K Reilly MD111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Scott Brietzke MDWalter Reed Army Medical Ctr Washington DC 20307
- Dr. Robert S Bahadori M.D.8316 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031