Dr. Abu S Alam M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)779 Springfield Ave Summit NJ, 07901
Dr. Abu Alam is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Summit, NJ. Dr. Alam specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Alam can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Alam can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Dhaka Med Coll, Dhaka Univ, Bangladesh 1972
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- St Vincent's East Program
Dr. Abu S Alam M.D.'s Practice location
Summit, NJ 07901Get Direction
Dr. Abu S Alam M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alam
- Top Uses of Finasteride
Finasteride is an oral prescription medication in the form of film-coated tablets. It is available as a generic drug and under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Although generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs, their availability may be limited when it comes to their form or strength...
- Things You Should Avoid While You're Pregnant
Undercooked poultry, eggs, and meatPregnant women are prone to food borne illnesses. To avoid these illnesses, all meats must be cooked fully. Eat eggs that have firm yolks and whites. Eating raw eggs, or even soft scrambled eggs, not safe for you are the baby. Processed meats, like hotdogs and deli...
- How Do I Treat Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths that develop from the fibrous and smooth muscle layers of the uterus. The size of these uterine leiomyomas vary in size and range from a small pea to that of a melon. It is a very common condition, and affects about 20 percent of women. Uterine fibroids are...
- Stress Can Cause Infertility
A study published in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, adds evidence to the fact that stress may reduce the chances of getting pregnant. Women who had higher levels of stress-related enzyme, alpha amylase, were less likely to conceive, reports the study. This is the first study to present a...
- Can Ovarian Cancer Affect Women of All Ages?
Ovarian cancer is the most common type of cancer (besides breast cancer) among the female population. Sometimes, ovarian cancer comes together with many other diseases, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular periods, and after hormone replacement therapies.This disease is most...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.464 77th Street Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Allan Fisher MD1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103
- Dr. Valeria M Di stefano M.D.125 Paterson St New Brunswick NJ 08901
- Isolda Tsapok2691 Hylan Blvd. Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Claudine M. Sylvester M. D.520 Pleasant Valley Way West Orange New Jersey 07052
- Dr. David Barad M.D.21 East 69th Street New York New York 10021