Dr. Christa Hoiland is a family practitioner practicing in Chisago City, MN. Dr. Hoiland specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Hoiland possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Geriatric Medicine-Family Practice; Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Family Medicine
- University Of Mn Med School
Dr. Christa K Hoiland MD's Practice location
Chisago City, MN 55013Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55413Get Direction
Dr. Christa K Hoiland MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Dr. Sara Frances Whitehouse MD11725 Stinson Ave Chisago City MN 55013
- Dr. Todd A. Stivland M.D.11080 Penfield Ave N Stillwater MN 55082
- Dr. Nancy Kathryn Darling MD5200 Fairview Blvd Wyoming MN 55092
- Dr. Michael M Dummer MD6413 Oak St North Branch MN 55056
- Tara Marie Cole Other7455 Village Dr Circle Pines MN 55014
- Dr. Robert H Dybvig MD2600 65th Avenue Osceola WI 54020