Dr. Sunil Patel is an internist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Patel specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Patel provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology- 2008
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 2008
- Leo H. Criep Senior Award, The 2002 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2001 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Association of Indian Physicians of Northern Ohio 2001 Outstanding Medical Student Award
- 1999 John A. Hartford/American Foundation for Aging Research Scholar in Ge
- Paul A. Guthrie Prize, The 1999 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- 1997 National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Research Training Award
- Northwestern University 1997 Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and Affiliated Hospitals 2002
- University of Texas At Southwestern 2005
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 2005
- The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center 2008
Dr. Sunil M. Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Sunil M. Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Life and Work: Maintaining a Delicate Balance
Finding the right balance between work and life can be difficult. According to psychologist Robert Brooks, PhD, the co-author of The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life, most people put in extra hours at work thinking that their layoffs and...
- Is Chocolate Good for Us?
Is Chocolate Good for Us?I will not stop eating or drooling over chocolates even if somebody tells me that it will kill me! I will still love and crave it. Is there a disease for where chocolate is the treatment? Guess I wouldn’t mind having that! I just can’t compare the happiness that I get...
- Sperm Cells Mimic Embryonic Stem Cells
Sperm cells in the testicles are able to mimic the embryonic stem cells and can develop into any of the adult cells in the body. These germ cells, also called spermatogonial cells, belong to the adult stem cells and are the precursor of sperm cells.Based on a new study published in the online...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Asaf Riyaz Qadeer M.D.7333 North Freeway Houston Texas 77076
- Dr. Anwar Ahmad M.D.2000 Crawford St Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Richard C. Lock M.D.12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Dr. Joseph E. Sleiman M.D.8221 Gulf Freeway Houston Texas 77017
- Dr. Mohammad Y. Khan M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030