Dr. Scott Nitzel is a pediatrician practicing in Olathe, KS. Dr. Nitzel is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Nitzel diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Nitzel can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1990
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Children'S Mercy Hosp, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- University of Missouri-Kansas City 1995
- Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
- Children's Mercy Hospital Program
Dr. Scott A Nitzel MD's Practice location
Olathe, KS 66061Get Direction
Dr. Scott A Nitzel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nitzel
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) describes a specific set of developmental and behavioral problems that affect an individual's behavior, as well as an individual's social and communication skills. A diagnosis of ASD means that your child’s social and communication skills, as well as play skills, are...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Dr. Sergey Shushunov MD3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City KS 66103
- Dr. Jonathan S. Finks M.D.12541 FOSTER ST STE 300 OVERLAND PARK KS 66213
- Dr. Jennifer L. Schultz M.D.7840 W 165th Street Overland Park KS 66223
- Dr. Tara Jill Grimaldi MD20375 W 151st St Olathe KS 66061
- Dr. Huda H. Alani MD7405 Renner Rd Shawnee KS 66217
- Dr. Joy A Weydert M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66103