Dr. Gabriel Diaz practices Neuropathology in Mcallen, TX. Dr. Diaz studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Mexico,Ciudad Universitaria, Facultad De Medicina MD
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1977
Universidad AutÛnoma de Nuevo LeÛn Facultad de Medicina 1976
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Memory Loss
- Vascular Disease
- Medical University of South Carolina Program
Dr. Gabriel Diaz MD's Practice location
Mcallen, TX 78501Get Direction
Dr. Gabriel Diaz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Movement Disorder in Parkinson's May Be Due to Brain's Rewiring
Parkinson’s is among the most common neurodegenerative and movement disorders that touches the lives of approximately 1% of the population over the age of 60. It is more common among men than women, which suggests apart from genetics, hormonal and environmental factors may play a role. Although...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- The Brain and Fibromyalgia
It makes a lot of sense when it is said that the brain works differently in those who live with fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition when the people who have it feel pain in different parts of the body, especially in the neck, shoulders, back, hips, arms and legs, and these points feel pain...
- Parkinson's Disease Patients are Given Renewed Hope with a New Therapy
Hitherto there is no truly preventive treatment for Parkinson’s disease. It is important that neurologists be aware of the symptomatic triad of depression, losing the sense of smell and constipation. It is good to consult with a neurologist with some expertise in the subject when these cases are...
- Antidepressants Could Delay Parkinson's Progression
Antidepressants have many uses beyond what their labels may say that they do. Some of the beneficial side effects are well documented and everyone knows about them. But sometimes medications, and not just antidepressants, are prescribed by doctors for off-label usage that is not approved by the FDA....
- Dr. Ruy Mireles quintanilla MD1910 S 1st St Mcallen TX 78503
- Dr. Miguel Angel Petrozzi M.D., P.A.1474 W Price Rd Brownsville TX 78520
- Dr. Felix Gabriel Rivera - perez M.D.5505 S Expressway 77 Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Gloria Mireles M.D.2821 Michael Angelo Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Dario E Narro M.D.1302 E 8th St Weslaco TX 78596
- Luis Alexander Frias Other7355 Barlite Blvd San Antonio TX 78224