Dr. Ashok J Bharucha MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry1836 South Ave La Crosse WI, 54601
Dr. Ashok Bharucha is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in La Crosse, WI. Dr. Bharucha specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Bharucha helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Predictors of nursing facility admission: a 12-year epidemiological study in the United States.
- Motivations for physician-assisted suicide.
- Why now? Timing and circumstances of hastened deaths.
- Psychotherapy in long-term care: A review.
- Family member involvement in hastened death.
- Intelligent video monitoring to improve safety of older persons.
- Prevalence of behavioral symptoms: comparison of the minimum data set assessments with research instruments.
- Resident-to-resident aggression in long-term care facilities: insights from focus groups of nursing home residents and staff.
- In-home monitoring of persons with dementia: ethical guidelines for technology research and development.
- Late-life suicide: a review.
Dr. Ashok J Bharucha MD's Practice location
La Crosse, WI 54601Get Direction
STATE COLLEGE, PA 16801Get Direction
Dr. Ashok J Bharucha MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bharucha
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...