Dr. Daniel Calhoun is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Newport News, VA. Dr. Calhoun specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Calhoun typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1971
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Charlotte Meml Hospital 1972
- Carolinas Medical Center Program
Dr. Daniel M Calhoun MD's Practice location
Newport News, VA 23602Get Direction
Dr. Daniel M Calhoun MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Dr. Robert Frederick Dunton MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. William L Old MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Steven Sorrells Scott MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Charles Gregory Lockhart M.D.8220 Meadowbridge Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Paul Lawson Evans MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Jesse Stephens Julian MD506 Founders Pointe Trail Carrollton VA 23314