Dr. Laura Schulman is a pediatrician practicing in Penland, NC. Dr. Schulman is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Schulman diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Schulman can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Dr. Laura Pearl Schulman MD's Practice location
Penland, NC 28765Get Direction
Dr. Laura Pearl Schulman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Zane Gary Kalter M.D.387 Us 70 W Marion NC 28752
- Dr. Xiaokun Montez M.D, PHD1225 W Henderson St Marion NC 28752
- Dr. Lucia Criveanu MD800 Medical Campus Dr Burnsville NC 28714
- Dr. Amy Smith Ende M.D.1860 Sugar Hill Rd Marion NC 28752
- William Scott Dodd M.D.125 Hospital Dr Spruce Pine NC 28777
- Dr. Bert Thomas Reed MD2143 Rabbit Hop Rd Spruce Pine NC 28777