Dr. Richard Slater is an internist practicing in Hamden, CT. Dr. Slater specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Slater provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
St. George's University School of Medicine 1982
- Ear Infection
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- Vascular Disease
- Mount Sinai Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard R Slater MD's Practice location
Hamden, CT 06514Get Direction
Dr. Richard R Slater MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Slater
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Valley Fever?
Valley fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungal infection that usually presents itself in the form of a lung disease. This condition is also known by the name desert fever, desert rheumatism, and San Joaquin Valley fever. This condition is very mild, in most cases, and requires no special...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- E. coli and Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection?The main function of the urinary system is to get rid of waste, maintain the body’s water balance, and regulate electrolytes. Its function starts with the kidneys, the organ that filter blood to produce urine, which is composed of extra fluid and wastes. Before...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Leslie Douglas-Churchwell 800 Howard Ave New Haven CT 06519
- Dr. Rex L Mahnensmith M.D.28 Ashton Circle Simsbury CT 06070
- Dr. Amy Chai MD714 Chase Parkway Waterbury CT 06708
- Dr. Karin Michels-Ashwood MD982 East Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06608
- Dr. Emily Nolfo MD14 Business Park Drive Branford CT 06405
- Dr. Fausto Petruzziello MD52 Washington Ave North Haven CT 06473