Dr. Jean Engel is a speech language pathologist practicing in FREEHOLD, NJ. Dr. Engel specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Engel evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Engel helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jean Engel M.S. CCC's Practice location
FREEHOLD, NJ 07728Get Direction
Jean Engel M.S. CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Shiri Reuveni CCC-SLP200 SOMERSET ST NEW BRUNSWICK NJ 08901
- Starling Rauchwerk MSCCC1676 HWY 35 MIDDLETOWN NJ 07748
- Dr. Albert Oratio PH.D.565 HWY 35 RED BANK NJ 07701
- Mrs. Heather Marie Olivo CCC-SLP79 PERONA LN STATEN ISLAND NY 10308
- Prof. Shifra Straus MS CCCSLP54 TOVA DR LAKEWOOD NJ 08701
- Mrs. Joann Gill Ficca MED CCC SLP21 BENFORD DRIVE PRINCETON JUNCTION NJ 08550