Dr. Hector Alvarez is a family practitioner practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Alvarez specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Alvarez possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ De Granada, Fac De Med, Granada, Spain 1974
University Of Granada 1974
Universidad de Granada Facultad de Medicina 1974
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- High Cholesterol
- Enlarged Prostate
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Family Medicine
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Health
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
Dr. Hector S Alvarez MD's Practice location
Miami, FL 33138Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Hector S Alvarez MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Hector S Alvarez MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alvarez
- Ringworm Treatment: Type of Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
Ringworm is a fungal type of infection, which is caused by the fungal organisms known as dermatophytes. It can affect various parts of the body, especially the skin on the hands, feet, face, and neck. It can also affect the scalp or nails. Initially, it appears as a small dot. Gradually, as the...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- Dr. Wayne Jeffrey Fraser M.D.660 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale FL 33317
- Dr. Daquesha Chever D.O1328 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy SE Cartersville Georgia 30120
- Dr. Ariadna Valdes PHARM. D.135 SW 63rd Ave Miami Florida 33144
- Dr. Kayra A. Cepin Plasencio M.D.21110 Biscayne Boulevard Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Tamika G Singh MD4161 NW 5TH ST # 101 PLANTATION FL 33317
- Dr. Miguel Aponte M.D.6849 TAFT ST. HOLLYWOOD FL 33024