Dr. Erica Jackson is a speech language pathologist practicing in JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL. Dr. Jackson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Jackson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Jackson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Erica Christian Jackson MA, CCC-SLP's Practice location
JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL 32250Get Direction
Erica Christian Jackson MA, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Susan Green SLP4600 BEACH BLVD JACKSONVILLE FL 32207
- Ms. Lindsey Taylor Brown MS3901 UNIVERSITY BLVD S JACKSONVILLE FL 32216
- Mr. Samuel B Cabra CCC-SLP9857 SAINT AUGUSTINE RD JACKSONVILLE FL 32257
- Amberlyn D Disbrow MS, CCC-SLP1701 PRUDENTIAL DR JACKSONVILLE FL 32207
- Corey Hicks M. ED. CCC-SLP11512 LAKE MEAD AVENUE SUITE 604 JACKSONVILLE FL 32256
- Ashley Megan Trundy M.A,3901 UNIVERSITY BLVD S JACKSONVILLE FL 32216