Dr. Christopher Dougherty, DO
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1504 Se 28th St Bentonville AR, 72712
Dr. Christopher Dougherty is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Bentonville, AR. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Dougherty is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine 1996
orthopedic sports medicine
American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Core stability and its relationship to lower extremity function and injury.
- The razor curl: a functional approach to hamstring training.
- Comparison of hamstring and gluteus muscles electromyographic activity while performing the razor curl vs. the traditional prone hamstring curl.
- Muscle activation of the uninjured leg during an acute Achilles tendon rupture.
- Shoulder kinematics during pitching: comparing the slide step and traditional stretch deliveries.
- A biomechanical model correlating shoulder kinetics to pain in young baseball pitchers.
- Cost-effectiveness in orthopedics: providing essential information to both physicians and health care policy makers for appropriate allocation of medical resources.
- PPD-QALY-an index for cost-effectiveness in orthopedics: providing essential information to both physicians and health care policy makers for appropriate allocation of medical resources.
- A pre-post performance comparison of the long head of the biceps brachii muscle oxygenation in young baseball pitchers.
- Lower body predictors of glenohumeral compressive force in high school baseball pitchers.
- Sister chromatid exchanges.
- Patterns of late replication in X chromosomes of human lymphoid cells.
- Induction of sister chromatid exchanges by BUdR is largely independent of the BUdR content of DNA.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Chronic Pain
- Torn Meniscus
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics - Fellow
- American Osteopathic Association, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Advanced Orthopedic Solutions, the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine, and the Major League Baseball Team Physicians
- University of South Alabama (1998)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Advanced Orthopedic Solutions, American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine, Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association
Dr. Christopher Dougherty, DO's Practice location
Bentonville, AR 72712Get Direction
Get to know Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Christopher Dougherty, who serves patients in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Dr. Dougherty, dual certified in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery, is known world-wide as one of the most-skilled surgeons. He sees patients at Agility Center Orthopedics in Bentonville, Arkansas.
He is one of the most experienced physicians worldwide in meniscus repairs, minimally invasive rotator cuff repairs, as well as joint preservation surgery. His other specialities include minimally invasive hip arthroscopies, regeneten rotator cuff repairs, reconstructions and multiligament reconstructions, cartilage transplants, and joint arthroscopies.
Dedicated to the most comprehensive and advanced hip surgeries, the Arkansas Hip Institute is proud to offer the following services: stem cell treatments, hip arthroscopies, anterior total hip replacements, total hip replacements, and out-patient total hip replacements. It is composed of Drs. Dougherty and Maline. Dr. Dougherty has performed over 2,000 hip procedures and Dr. Maline has been performing anterior total hips for 11 years.
Remaining active in the education and training of current and future sports medicine physicians, Dr. Doughterty is proud to be the official team physician for the Kansas City Royals and Northwest Arkansas Naturals.
His acclaimed career in medicine began after he earned his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1996. He then went on to perform his internship at the University of South Alabama in 1998.
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Dougherty is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS). The AOBOS is an organization that provides board certification to qualified Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine who specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
In addition to being a A Fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, he is a member of the American Osteopathic Association, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Advanced Orthopedic Solutions, the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine, and the Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association.
An expert in his field, Dr. Dougherty has pioneered surgical procedures that have been adopted world-wide, as well as has developed the most advanced rehab protocols in the state. His numerous patents and published articles aid surgeons around the world to perform advanced surgeries for their own patients.
Surgeons travel from across the nation to receive surgeries for themselves from Dr. Dougherty, bringing in patients all the way from Alaska to Florida, including a few from various countries. Performing more than 500 sports medicine surgeries a year, not including other minor surgeries a year, places him among the best sports medicine surgeons in the nation.
Orthopedic surgery is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and non-surgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, spine diseases, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- What Are the Major Warning Signs of a Stroke?
A stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the country. A stroke can be fatal if not treated immediately. Strokes can lead to disabilities, and affect the quality of life of a person considerably. Recognizing the symptoms and responding to the immediate needs is what is important in the...
- What Is a Pulled Groin?
Introduction A pulled groin, also known as groin strain, is a result of putting too much pressure or stress on the groin and thigh muscles. If the groin or thigh muscles are stressed in a forceful manner or when they are pulled all of a sudden, they can get stretched or torn.A pulled groin is quite...
- Can I Walk if I Have Shin Splints?
Shin splints refer to the pain you feel in the inner aspect of your shin bone. It is common among athletes and those involved with high-intensity exercises.Symptoms of Shin SplintsIf you have shin splints, you may develop a severe pain either at the beginning or at the end of your run or workout. If...
- Do I Have Gas or Appendicitis?
The human body has mesmerized doctors for centuries because of its complex and often mysterious workings. For example, every vein connected to an artery is part of a massive blood supply cycle where millions of different cells function using nutrients from food particles absorbed by the digestive...
- What Are the Benefits of Yoga?
Yoga, a discipline for physical, mental, and spiritual health, has been in vogue for centuries. Yoga spread to different parts of the world in the 20th century and is now considered to be a trendy way to work on physical and mental fitness. Yoga offers a number of benefits for each person such as...
- Dr. Navin R Kilambi MD201 W VAN ASCHE LOOP FAYETTEVILLE AR 72703
- Dr. Ramon Carlos Ylanan MD3900 N Parkview Dr Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Christopher Allen Arnold M.D.3900 N Parkview Dr Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Robert J Tomlinson M.D.212 W Monroe Ave Lowell AR 72745
- Dr. David Erik Yakin M.D.3900 N PARKVIEW DR FAYETTEVILLE AR 72703