Dr. Kathryn Newport is an anesthesiologist practicing in Lawton, Oklahoma. Dr. Newport ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Newport also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1987
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Surgery Southwestern Medical Center 2015 - 2016
- Medical Director of Anesthesiology Southwestern Medical Center 2002 - 2016
- Medical Director of Anesthesiology Lawton Indian Hospital 2017 - 2017
- Chairman, Medical Management Committee Southwestern Medical Center 2006 - 2016
- Physician Leadership Organization southwestern Medical Center 2010 - 2015
- Medical Executive Committee Southwestern Medical Center 2015 - 2016
- 2017 Physician Recognition Award2017AMA
- Distinguished Alumni2005Cameron University
- Acclaimed Alumni2007Cameron University
- TopDoc2017International Society of Anesthesiologists
- Top Anesthesiologist2017International Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiology, Okla Society of Anesthesiology, Oklahoma State Medical Association, Phi Kappa Phi
- Med Coll Of Ohio Hosp, Anesthesiology; U Ok/Tulsa Med Col Afl Hsp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Med College Of Ohio Hospital
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Lawton Humane Society and Rainbow Bridge Can Wait supporter
- Lawton Indian Hospital- Federal IHS
Dr. Kathryn Newport, MD's Practice location
LAWTON, OK 73505Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kathryn Newport, MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kathryn Newport, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Newport
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a serious secondary immunodeficiency disorder. AIDS is caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). There is progressive destruction of cell-mediated (T cell) immunity. Also, both conditions are characterized by subsequent effects on humoral immunity...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Sung Hyun Hwang MD3401 W Gore Blvd Lawton OK 73505
- Dr. Martin J Smolik MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Oksana I Martsinkevich DO9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Puneapalli Sridhar Reddy MD3401 W Gore Blvd Lawton OK 73505
- Dr. Jyotish Chandrakant Soni MD3401 W Gore Blvd Lawton OK 73505
- Dr. Richard Eric Johnson MD3401 W Gore Blvd Lawton OK 73502