Dr. Monica Scheel is a dermatologist practicing in Kailua Kona, HI. Dr. Scheel specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Scheel diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1995
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Dr. Monica M Scheel M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Dr. Scheel is out on vacation and I do not have her login info. This is her response to the question: "This lesion sounds most likely to be a Cherry Angioma which is a benign vascular growth, however, any new lesion or growth should be examined by your Dermatology provider." Cobey Ackerman Community/Marketing Director Dr. Monica Scheel Dermatology Kona (808) 329-1146 Waimea (808) 885-DERM (3376) DrMonicaScheel.com <http://drmonicascheel.com/> READ MORE
- Internship, Family Medicine: Kaiser Permanente Dept of Family Medicine, Kaiser Los Angeles Medical Center 2007-2008 Psychiatry Residency: USC + LA County Medical Center, 2009-2013 Chief Resident 2011-2012
- Internventional Psychiatriatry--Gen Pharmacotherapy and for some patients CBT as adjunct if time permits. The clinic will be bringing on additional treatment modalities including TMS as well esketamine and botox for depression once the latter has FDA approval. Dr. Sepah is in the process of completing her training through Allergan to become a botox migraine provider,
Forensic Psychiatry Research Fellowship, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
Forensic Psychiatry, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- American Medical Assn. American Psychiatric Assn. Physicians for Patients Protection
Articles and Publications
- Please see my website at: www.toriesepahmd.com
- Inducted into the Arnold P Gold, Humanism in Medicine Honor Society for being an exemplars of humanistic patient care and who can serve as a role models in medicine. 2006-lifetime membershipPER Resident Research AwardResident Research Award: Keck, Dept of PsychiatrResident Mentor Award, Keck, Dept of PsychiatryGolden Key National Honor SocietyPi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- Founded an organization for physicians as a source of peer to peer support and contact with the goal of reducing isolation that can contribute to physicians' difficulty with maintaining their own wellness. The organization is completely volunteer based. I also volunteer with Physicians for Patient Protection, a grassroots physician group that is active in educating patients on changes in legislature that may affect their care without their knowledge. The promotion of greater transparency in medicine is paramount.
Teaching and speaking
- Continue to teach at USC Keck SOM, Dept of Psychiatry as Adjunct Asst Clinical Professor. Also give lectures to residents in the PIH Downey Family Medicine Residency. Provide talks and grand rounds at different institutions on the topic of physician burnout.
Hobbies / Sports
- Running and watching hockey
Dr. Monica M Scheel M.D.'s Practice location
Kailua Kona, HI 96740Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Monica M Scheel M.D. | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Monica M Scheel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scheel
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- Hair Loss After Pregnancy
IntroductionMost women notice having a thicker hair during pregnancy. However, it can totally be the opposite after giving birth. After pregnancy, they may notice frequent hair fall or hair loss. This scenario is quite common for most women during and after pregnancy. Continue reading below to...
- What are the Symptoms of Melanoma?
Melanoma is an aggressive form of skin cancer that starts in the melanocytes, which are cells that produce pigments. It usually begins in tissues that are heavily pigmented, like moles and birthmarks. This form of skin cancer is often found in the chest, back, and palm, and in some rare cases, it...
- Mono Rash: Get the Facts
What is mono?Infectious mononucleosis or "mono" for short is a viral infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Although mono can affect people of all ages, it usually occurs in teenagers. The virus is transmitted and spread through infected saliva. For this reason, the infection is regarded...
- Recurrent Herpes Simplex Labialis
What is it?Recurrent herpes simplex labialis is a mouth infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a contagious and common infection that can easily be passed on. Also known as oral herpes, recurrent herpes simplex labialis causes sores and blisters on the lips, tongue, mouth, and...
- What is Scabies?
Scabies is a skin disease caused by the infestation of the mite, Sarcoptes scabiei. These organisms are too small to be seen with naked eye. Infestation by this mite is common worldwide. People of all age groups may be affected by this skin condition and is very common in areas that are congested,...