Dr. David A Buck M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology2013 Jefferson St Sw First Floor Roanoke VA, 24014
Dr. David Buck practices Radiation Oncology in Roanoke, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Buck specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1999
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1999
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Va Commonwealth Univ Hlth Sys, Radiation Oncology; Carilion Health System, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. David A Buck M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. David A Buck M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Buck
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer
When it comes to cancer, the common treatments are chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which work by the use of X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles. They are usually directed at the area where the cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is delivered through the use of machines and implants or by...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Matthew Orton M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Randal O Hess M.D.1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Daniel Christopher Schroyer M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. John W Rogers M.D.1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. John Henry Heinzerling M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014