Dr. Gerald Sosler is a vascular surgeon practicing in Purchase, NY. Dr. Sosler specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Sosler diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1968
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, General Surgery; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Gerald Sosler M.D.'s Practice location
Purchase, NY 10577Get Direction
Dr. Gerald Sosler M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- Dr. Nirav Patel DO984 N Broadway Yonkers NY 10701
- Dr. Sundaram Ravikumar MD88 Ashford Ave Dobbs Ferry NY 10522
- Dr. Pravin Shah MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Omid Rahmani MD2001 Marcus Ave New Hyde Park NY 11042
- Dr. Evan C Lipsitz MDMedical Arts Pavilion Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Gary Tannenbaum Other984 N Broadway Yonkers NY 10701