Dr. Sylvia S Hendrix M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology459 Locust Ave Charlottesville VA, 22902
Dr. Sylvia Hendrix practices Radiation Oncology in Charlottesville, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Hendrix specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1988
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Radiation Oncology
Dr. Sylvia S Hendrix M.D.'s Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22902Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22911Get Direction
Dr. Sylvia S Hendrix M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hendrix
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Dr. Anthony J Crimaldi M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Timothy N. Showalter M.D.111 S 11th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Cynthia Spaulding M.D.500 Martha Jefferson Drive Charlottesville VA 22911
- Dr. Assal Shoushtari Rahimi MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Prashant Raghavan M.D.Uva Hospital Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Bernard F. Schneider M.D.Uva Hospital W Charlottesville VA 22908