Dr. Valerie Wojna practices Neuropathology in San Juan, PR. Dr. Wojna studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Valerie Wojna MD's Practice location
San Juan, PR 00935Get Direction
SAN JUAN, PR 00921Get Direction
Dr. Valerie Wojna MD's reviewsWrite Review
- This Is How Parkinson's Affects Life Expectancy
When anyone talks about any chronic disease like Parkinson’s, perhaps the most important question that comes to mind is how does it affect life expectancy? However, living for a long time is not the only important thing.Another critical question is, what are the problems that affect the quality of...
- One Step Closer to a Cure: New Developments in Parkinson’s Research
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disease that affects a lot of people worldwide with an estimated figure of about 1 million in the United States alone, according to the National Parkinson’s Foundation. Despite the sheer amount of support available for patients as seen in the dozens of...
- Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery Improves Quality of Life for Parkinson's Patient
Parkinson’s Disease Disrupts the Life of a Single DadMuscle spasms, stiffness, and decreased motor skills are not symptoms commonly associated with younger people in their 20s and 30s. For Bill Swayze, however, these symptoms appeared and resulted in an early diagnosis of Parkinson’s at the rare...
- Managing Muscular Dystrophy
If you're someone who has muscular dystrophy, or knows someone who does, then you'll need to make sure that you know how to care for yourself to stay as comfortable as you possibly can. Unfortunately, while this condition has no cure yet, there are treatments and remedies you can do to reduce...
- Everest to End Duchenne: A Journey Against Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Latest research on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (usually abbreviated as DMD) have been actively pursuing different, exciting strategies and methods. Some of the most renowned ones that have been tested on humans in clinical trials recently are: gene repair, gene therapy and exon skipping. This...
- Drug Exondys 51 Helps to Preserve Lung Function in Duchenne
Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a rare genetic condition that affects one in 3500-5000 male children. It is a condition in which the muscles fail to produce enough dystrophin due to a genetic defect; dystrophin is essential to protect muscles from wear and tear. The deficit of dystrophin causes...
- Mr. William E Philippi MD73 Calle Santa Cruz Bayamon PR 00961
- Dr. Evelyn Gonzalez M.D.735 Ponce De Leon Ave San Juan PR 00917
- Mr. Ulises Lisandro Nobo M.D.Ave Luis Munoz Marin Hima San Pablo Caguas PR 00725
- Dr. Norma E Agosto-maury MDA2 Calle Lodi San Juan PR 00924
- Dr. Diana Balsalobre M.D.Maramar Plaza San Patricio Ave. 101 Guaynabo PR 00968
- Dr. Katherine Marie Padilla-rodriguez M.D.Puerto Rico Medical Center San Juan PR 00922