Dr. Kevin Allen is a hospitalist practicing in BIRMINGHAM, AL. Dr. Allen specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Allen manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Allen works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Kevin Gerald Allen M.D.'s Practice location
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35249Get Direction
Kevin Gerald Allen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Chicken Pox
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus. While it does occur in adults, most cases are reported to be in children under the age of 15 years. Symptoms can last for ten to fifteen days and can cause a considerable amount of discomfort, however, once the infection has...
- $5.8 Million Grant Given to Develop New Immunotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer cells can be extremely tricky to get rid of, which makes treatment often expensive and prolonged. Researchers at the University of California San Diego recently received a 5.8-million-dollar grant from the state to develop a new form of immunotherapy for ovarian cancer.The StudyThe...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- How is Lyme Disease Diagnosed?
Lyme disease is primarily diagnosed through an analysis of the symptoms, although blood tests are also sometimes used.What to keep in mind when diagnosing Lyme diseaseThe bull’s eye rash is usually the most prominent symptom of Lyme’s disease, and a visualization of this rash is usually...
- Stem Cell Infusion as Possible Crohn's Fistula Therapy
The most common type of fistula associated with Crohn’s are anal fistulas which create “narrow tears that extend from the muscles that control the anus (anal sphincters) up into the anal canal.”Fistulas are just one of many Crohn’s-related issues which are grouped into the category of...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Gregory Wayne Ayers M.D.817 Princeton Ave Sw Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. Allison Kiehl Beck M.D.1000 E Mountain Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18711
- Dr. Taraneh Soleymani M.D.342 Learning Resources Ctr Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Susan Dotson Duong MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Wendell Dean Bell MD700 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Laura Kay Buell M.D.619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249