Michael Scott Bailey M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology100 Pilot Medical Dr Suite 300 Birmingham AL, 35235
Dr. Michael Bailey is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Bailey performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Georgetown University in Washington DC 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- University of Florida Program
Michael Scott Bailey M.D.'s Practice location
Michael Scott Bailey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bailey
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Macy C Smith M.D.3980 Colonnade Pkwy Birmingham AL 35243
- George N Kay MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- John Jennings MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Paul J Troup MD3980 COLONNADE PKWY BIRMINGHAM AL 35243
- Takumi Yamada M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Vance J Plumb MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233