Dr. Andrew J Litwack MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Andrew Litwack is a cardiologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Litwack specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Litwack also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 1997
- Coronary vasospasm during a regadenoson stress test.
- Application of appropriate use criteria to cardiac stress testing in the hospital setting: limitations of the criteria and areas for improved practice.
- Implementation of a Computerized Order Entry Tool to Reduce the Inappropriate and Unnecessary Use of Cardiac Stress Tests With Imaging in Hospitalized Patients.
- Coronary Artery Disease, Echocardiogram (echo), Heart Palpitations And More
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- MemberSociety for Perioperative Assessment and Quality Improvement
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Cooper University Hospital
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
Dr. Andrew J Litwack MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Dr. Andrew J Litwack MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Litwack
- Does Hypertension Have Warning Signs?
With modern life complexities becoming more evident, instances of lifestyle health conditions like hypertension have been on the rise. According a recent report, the number of people living with hypertension is estimated to reach 1.56 billion worldwide by the year 2025. In the US, more than 75% of...
- What is Ischemia?
Ischemia refers to the condition in which the muscles of the heart do not get an adequate supply of oxygen. This mostly happens because of reduced blood flow to the cardiac muscles either due to complete blockages or due to a partial block in the blood vessels that carry blood. This condition, also...
- What is the Impact of High Blood Pressure?
What is High Blood Pressure?High blood pressure is a condition whereby an individual’s blood vessels become strained due to high pressure by the blood flowing in them. It’s a dangerous condition not because it has any negative side-effects on its own but because of the potential health problems...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D.1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Harvey Andrew Snyder MD210 W Atlantic Ave Haddon Heights New Jersey 08035
- Dr. Gilbert Grossman MD700 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111
- Dr. Edward Sawyer Cooper M.D.6710 LINCOLN DRIVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19119
- Dr. IRINA JOUKOVA M.D., PH.D.10752 Bustleton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116
- Dr. Indranil Dasgupta M.D.941 Lombard Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19147