Dr. Mary Van sickle is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Van sickle specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Van sickle can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Van sickle can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Mary Van sickle M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77074Get Direction
Dr. Mary Van sickle M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- 5 Tips on Living with Vaginitis
Vaginitis is an infection that causes swelling and inflammation in the vagina. Vaginitis happens as a result of an imbalance of the normal bacterial flora causing an overgrowth of other organisms in the vagina.Types of VaginitisThere are many conditions that will cause swelling or infection in the...
- What are the Treatment Options for Genital Warts?
Genital Warts is an STD in which a person develops soft growth on the genital areas. Though the visible warts go away on their own, it becomes difficult to treat them when HPV virus enters the bloodstream. There is no remedy for removing HPV completely but the visible warts can be removed either...
- Are Prenatal Vitamins Necessary During Pregnancy?
Vitamin supplements that are taken before, during, and after pregnancy are known as prenatal vitamins. These vitamins are similar to multivitamin supplements, but specifically cater to the nutritional needs of expecting mothers. It goes without saying that pregnant women are often encouraged to eat...
- How Your Father’s Genes Can Affect Your Ovarian Cancer Risk
It is well known that inherited mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2 genes increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other types of cancer. An altered mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can be inherited from an individual’s mother or father. ...
- Dr. Heidi J. Purcell MD7580 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054
- Dr. Carl F. Giesler MD9633 Longmont Dr Houston Texas 77063
- Dr. Creighton L. Edwards MD6651 Main Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Carol A. Collins MD17198 St. Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77385
- Dr. Celestine S. Tung MD6651 Main Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Geoffrey Schnider Other7580 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054