Dr. Mark Cook is an ophthalmologist practicing in Greenville, SC. Dr. Cook specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Cook can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Cook can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1981
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1981
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Brooke Army Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Brooke Army Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Mark H Cook M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, SC 29607Get Direction
Dr. Mark H Cook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- Dr. Jake P Bostrom M.D.104 Simpson St Greenville SC 29605
- Dr. Alan Brett Leahey MD400 N 17th St Allentown PA 18104
- Kip W Dolphin MD155 E 72nd St New York NY 10021
- Dr. Brian Wells Shelley M.D.601 Halton Rd Greenville SC 29607
- Dr. Adam R Easterling M.D.674 Fairview Rd Simpsonville SC 29680
- Dr. Gregg M Kaiser MD1126 Grove Rd Greenville SC 29605