Dr. Sandra Aguillard is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAFAYETTE, LA. Dr. Aguillard specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Aguillard evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Aguillard helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sandra M Aguillard SLP's Practice location
LAFAYETTE, LA 70501Get Direction
Sandra M Aguillard SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mrs. Julie M Bock M.C.D., CCC2727 KALISTE SALOOM RD LAFAYETTE LA 70508
- Mrs. Holly B Mire OT100 WILLIAM O STUTES ST LAFAYETTE LA 70506
- Megan M. Leonard SLP221 RUE DE JEAN LAFAYETTE LA 70508
- Emily Venable Pitre MS/SLP153 CHRISTIE LEE DR OPELOUSAS LA 70570
- Janell E Stephens SLP202 ISAIAH DR LAFAYETTE LA 70508
- Miss Falin Key Williams MS CCC SLP355 WILLOW BND YOUNGSVILLE LA 70592