Dr. Carl Shealy is a family practitioner practicing in Lexington, SC. Dr. Shealy specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Shealy possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1989
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Greenville Hosp System, Family Medicine
Dr. Carl J Shealy MD's Practice location
Lexington, SC 29072Get Direction
Dr. Carl J Shealy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shealy
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- Holistic Treatments for Migraines
Holistic Treatments for MigrainesMigraines cause headaches that may be severe, throbbing, or moderate. These headaches can last for up to 72 hours.They attack one side of your head in most cases. However, there are cases where you suffer a headache on both sides of your head. Many people who suffer...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- 512 Pill Used for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
IntroductionThe 512 pill is a white-colored round pill with an imprint of "512". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen with the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone with the strength of 5 mg. This medicine is supplied by the company known as Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.The 512...
- Why Is Chemotherapy Used for Lupus?
What is Lupus?Systemic lupus erythematosus, also known as lupus, is a disease of the immune system. The immune system protects the body from infection. In lupus, however, the immune system turns against the body, leading to tissue damage and illness. Thus, lupus is called an autoimmune disease.Men...
- Dr. William H Crigler MD4711 Sunset Blvd Lexington SC 29072
- Dr. Achu Mofor MD8815 Germantown Ave Philadelphia PA 19118
- Dr. Zoe Foster MD1255 E M 36 Pinckney MI 48169
- Dr. Stewart Gregory Young MD2406 Decker Blvd Columbia SC 29206
- Mr. James M Chapman M.D.140 Tindall Rd Middletown NJ 07748
- Dr. Javier Enrique Carles M.D.9100 Highway 14 Gray Court SC 29645