Dr. Robert Walker practices Emergency Medicine in Southfield, MI. Dr. Walker assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Walker examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Sinai-Grace Hosp/Grace Hosp, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Robert Walker M.D.'s Practice location
Southfield, MI 48075Get Direction
Dr. Robert Walker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Dr. James Bennett Bragman DO6900 Orchard Lake Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322
- Dr. Raymond L. Fowkes Jr. M.D.1 Ford Pl Detroit Michigan 48202
- Dr. Karen M. Estrine D.O.650 West Avenue Miami Beach Florida 33139
- Dr. Stefanie L. Wise M.D.19009 Wayne Road Livonia Michigan 48152
- Dr. Candace Nicole Johnson M.D.6071 W Outer Dr Detroit MI 48235
- Matthew Sebens3601 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073