Dr. Jane Falkenstein MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease10 Union Sq E New York NY, 10003
Dr. Jane Falkenstein practices Pulmonology in New York, NY. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Falkenstein manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Beth Israel Medical Center 1970
Dr. Jane Falkenstein MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10003Get Direction
Dr. Jane Falkenstein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Falkenstein
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Oxygen Supply Management for COPD Patients
When an individual has COPD, air is being blocked because of the tightening of the airways due to inflammation (bronchitis), and it is also possible for the patient to experience alveolar over-inflation (emphysema). The latter condition creates a problem to the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide,...
- Couple Raises Twins with Cystic Fibrosis
There’s a lot for parents to process and prepare for when they have a baby on the way. To find out that twins are coming monumentally adds to the planning necessary for their arrival. For parents to know they’ll be caring for children with a debilitating genetic disease is even more pressure...
- Are There Medical Procedures That Treat Pleurisy?
Pleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. It is often associated with the condition known as pleural effusion, which happens when there is a build-up of fluid within the pleural cavity.Treatment for pleurisy aims to reduce pain, remove the excess fluid or air built in...
- The Link Between Childhood Asthma and COPD
It is clear that smoking is one of the greatest risks for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); however, there are other factors, such as second hand smoking (wherein you get the effects of smoking by getting exposed to it even if you do not smoke), contact with pollution, genetic...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Dr. Stuart M Garay MD436 3rd Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Alan J Klukowicz MD62 S Fullerton Ave Montclair NJ 07042
- Charles Oribabor244 5th Avenue New York New York 10001
- Dr. Medhat Ismail MD246 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne New Jersey 07470
- Dr. Chirag Mehta M.D.96 Millburn Avenue Millburn New Jersey 07041
- Dr. Alison S. Kole MD300 Madison Ave Madison NJ 07940