Dr. Robert J Behrens MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1221 Pleasant St Suite 100 Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Robert Behrens is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Behrens specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1997
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1997
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Prostate Cancer
- Chronic Pain
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
Dr. Robert J Behrens MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Robert J Behrens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Behrens
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation Announces Partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for lymphoma research, and they just announced their partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma (AOL). This was all revealed in September during Blood Cancer Awareness Month. LRF is devoted to exclusively funding...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Arizona Firefighters Raise Funds for Lymphoma Stairclimb
Jackson County Fire District #5 partnered with Dutch Bros. Coffee in Phoenix, Arizona to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, which took place at the Columbia Center on March 11th, 2018. All of the money raised for the stairclimb go to...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Dr. Christian Philip Schultheis M.D.1000 Langworthy St Dubuque IA 52001
- Dr. Ahmad M Wehbe M.D200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Brian P Freeman M.D.1001 Pennsylvania Ave Ottumwa IA 52501
- Dr. Steven P Heddinger MD1221 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Bradley K Hiatt DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Matthew L Hill DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309