Dr. Addison Willett practices Radiation Oncology in IOWA CITY, IA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Willett specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Addison Willett MD, JD, MBA's Practice location
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Addison Willett MD, JD, MBA's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Dr. Bryan G Allen M.D., PH.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sudershan K Bhatia MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William M. Rockey M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William L Mcginnis M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John Morgan Watkins M.D.500 N 8th St Bismarck ND 58501
- Dr. Samuel Dewayne Andrews M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242