Dr. Donald Ward is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Laurel, MS. Dr. Ward specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Ward tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1995
Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med 1995
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, General Surgery
- University Tx Southwestern Med School
Dr. Donald R. Ward MD's Practice location
Laurel, MS 39440Get Direction
HATTIESBURG, MS 39401Get Direction
Dr. Donald R. Ward MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ward
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- Dr. Thomas Harold Blake M.D.424 S 13th Ave Laurel MS 39440
- Dr. Steven Douglas Nowicki M.D.424 S 13th Ave Laurel MS 39440
- Dr. Cleveland Eric Johnson M.D.424 S 13th Ave Laurel MS 39440
- Dr. Charles Henry Black D.O.13355 E 10 Mile Rd Warren MI 48089
- Dr. William A Morrison MD424 S 13th Ave Laurel MS 39440
- Dr. Derrick Burgess M.D.2041 Georgia Ave NW Washington DC 20060