Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Pfefferbaum evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Pfefferbaum seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1972
University of California 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Aspects of exposure in childhood trauma: the stressor criterion.
- Attitudes toward health and illness. A comparison of adolescent, physician, teacher, and school nurse views.
- A comparison of views of school nurses, teachers, and middle-school students regarding health information interests and concerns.
- Information preferences of cancer patients ages 11-20 years.
- Ucla Neuropsych Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Ucla Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Lac-King/Drew Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Neuropsych Institute UCLA 1973
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Dr. Betty J Pfefferbaum MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
Dr. Betty J Pfefferbaum MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Dr. Lauri J Kearns MD320 12th Ave Ne Norman OK 73071
- Dr. Brent Dewaide Bell D.O.1000 N Lee Ave Oklahoma City OK 73102
- Dr. Ethan D Lindsey MD1117 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City OK 73118
- Dr. Haiwang Tang M.D.900 E Main St Norman OK 73071
- Dr. Alicia D Thompson M.D.320 12th Ave Ne Norman OK 73071
- Dr. Neelofar Lalani M.D.1 Perkins Sq Akron OH 44308