Dr. Joe Fenn practices Pulmonology in Williamsburg, VA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Fenn manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Kerala / Medical College 1988
Medical College Thiruvananthapuram 1986
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
Dr. Joe Joseph Fenn MD's Practice location
Williamsburg, VA 23185Get Direction
Dr. Joe Joseph Fenn MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Gene Editing Has the Potential to Change Cystic Fibrosis
Spiked Columnist, Tim Black, discusses advances in genetic editing in his article, Gene Editing: An Expression of Our Humanity.Tim Black questions how people should all consider the recent negative responses to some of the latest gene-editing successes. The majority of these gene-editing techniques...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- What Is the Treatment of Choice for Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is a lung infection that affects the air sacs. The sacs are either filled with fluid or pus causing a cough with phlegm. The symptoms of pneumonia range from mild to severe, which could be life-threatening. People from all age groups, from infants to old age, people with other health...
- Can Pleurisy Destroy My Lungs?
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is the inflammation of the thin pleural membranes that line the lungs.What happens in pleurisy?A thin membrane called the pleura lines your lungs. The pleura are double-layered membranes that line your lungs as well as the inner aspect of the chest wall. Between these...
- Radiologists Look for Patterns in Cystic Fibrosis as More Adults Are Diagnosed
Recent research shows that there is an increasing number of adults being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. This information is leading scientists to believe cystic fibrosis is now just as much of an adult condition as a childhood condition. This increase has caused scientists and radiologists to...
- Dr. Curtis Delp Givens M.D.500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Eric A Weiner M.D.12200 Warwick Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. John Curtis Perry M.D.12200 Warwick Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Charles Wynter Callender M.D.825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Knud Alexander Haraldsted MD120 Kings Way Williamsburg VA 23185
- Dr. Thomas Paul Splan M.D,855 W Brambleton Ave Norfolk VA 23510