Dr. Cynthia Kuka is a speech language pathologist practicing in ARPIN, WI. Dr. Kuka specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kuka evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kuka helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Cynthia Kuka M.S.,CCC-SLP's Practice location
ARPIN, WI 54410Get Direction
Cynthia Kuka M.S.,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Maura Quinn-padron MS CCC SPL1000 N OAK AVE MARSHFIELD WI 54449
- Arlene F Winter MS,CCC-SLP3541 PLOVER RD WISCONSIN RAPIDS WI 54494
- Kathryn Ann Hintz MS,CFY-SLP503 S CHERRY AVE MARSHFIELD WI 54449
- Maureen D. Reinhardt MA CCC-SLP1000 N OAK AVE MARSHFIELD WI 54449
- Katharine Hobart Odell PHD, CCC-SLP1000 N OAK AVE MARSHFIELD WI 54449
- Paula Glodowski ST1041 HILL ST WISCONSIN RAPIDS WI 54494